Stupid Camera

on Friday, October 16, 2009



(This picture can be enlarged by clicking on it.)

The waterfall above is Hurricane Falls in Tallulah Gorge State Park, Georgia. The picture was taken October 14, 2009.

Betsy and I were home for about 12 hours Thursday evening and early this (Friday) morning. That gave us just enough time to repack for Ray's memorial service and to do a quick post to let you know we survived the first of our quick trips. By the time you read this we will be on the road to Jacksonville, Florida.

As you know, we went to Tallulah Gorge State Park in Georgia to see what the waterfalls looked like when water was released from the dam above the gorge. We hiked a new trail (for us) and the views were wonderful. There was a light rain most of the day, but that didn't stop us from our quest to enjoy the waterfalls.

Unfortunately about half way through our hike my camera decided to start acting up. For the rest of the hike I could only take wide-angle shots if I could get any at all. That was definitely a bummer, but as Betsy said that just gives us another excuse to go back.

Now that Betsy has her laptop, I'm hoping Santa will bring me a new camera. I've been wanting one with interchangeable lenses so I could get closer to waterfalls we can't reach on foot. I would also like to be able to get macros of our flowers.

I know many of you are great photographers. I would appreciate any advice you may be able to give me regarding a camera that will fit my needs. Thanks.